Monday, December 22, 2008

No more winter coat

After spending a joyous Sunday sledding on a cookie sheet in downtown Seattle with my daughter, I am looking forward to the temperature juxtaposition that I'll be experiencing in Indonesia in January. In the meantime, I'm working with Peter and Emily to ensure that the archaeology field lab will be well set up for the Banda fieldschool. I've run plenty of archaeology field labs in the Pacific Northwest, and worked on plenty of sites located on islands. What job could be better? Afterall, who doesn't love taking a boat to work?!
And, island communities are special -- bound together physically and mentally. Peter has assured me that running a lab in the Banda Islands will be even more more enjoyable than usual, and that the lack of typical access to resources will make the job even more fun.

I'll be arriving at the end of January, and will meet you all somewhere between Bali, Yogyakarta, Surabaya and Ambon... I can't wait to shed my wool hat!













No comments:

Post a Comment